What's new

[Issue] Traffic Monitor always empty

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

I have since long time ago on my AC88U Traffic monitor is not showing up anything in "Last 24hs / Daily / Monthly" options. I can only rely on Traffic Analyzer.
Is there any workaround to make it work?

After each Firm upgrade I do a hard reset, and stays the same on each version.

RT-AC88U / 384.19

Thanks,
screenshot.2020-08-31 (1).jpg

The image indicates you're showing Monthly activity, if you switch it to Real-time, Last 24 Hrs or Daily does it display anything?

The image indicates you're showing Monthly activity, if you switch it to Real-time, Last 24 Hrs or Daily does it display anything?

Only Real-Time works, "Last 24hs" don't work either.

Hi, if the router was reboot you lost the data for traffic monitoring.

Router was not rebooted, it has at least 10 days uptime, and it's on UPS

Like I said, on all 384.xxxx branch Traffic Monitor doesn't work for me, only Traffic Analyzer which I save traffic history to USB

Have you created the data file in Tools - Other Settings ?

Is your RT-AC88U running in "router mode"?

Have you created the data file in Tools - Other Settings ?

Is your RT-AC88U running in "router mode"?
-Yes, that's how I save Traffic Analyzer data. That's the stange thing... Traffic Analyzer works perfect.
Screenshot_20200831-204826_Chrome.jpg

-Yes

-Yes, that's how I save Traffic Analyzer data. That's the stange thing... Traffic Analyzer works perfect.
The settings in your screen shot are for the Traffic Monitor not the Traffic Analyzer. The Traffic Analyzer data is stored in jffs.

The settings in your screen shot are for the Traffic Monitor not the Traffic Analyzer. The Traffic Analyzer data is stored in jffs.
Then it's more strange...

I did that during weekend and didn't work

Does your internet provider require you to use any tagged VLANS (setting in IPTV)? I have seen other posts where traffic monitor will not see tagged traffic.

Does your internet provider require you to use any tagged VLANS (setting in IPTV)? I have seen other posts where traffic monitor will not see tagged traffic.
No

Have you tried checking "Format JFFS partition at next boot " on the Administration>System tab and then see if the data starts populating?