What's new

issue with skynet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maxsteel

Regular Contributor
Hello.

I'm having problem with skynet not displaying. tried uninstalling multiple times but the issue persists.
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 9.44.43 PM.png

How can I reset the add on? can I do it via amtm or format JFFS? I have only diversion installed and I have no issue to reset if needed. Thanks,

Hello.

I'm having problem with skynet not displaying. tried uninstalling multiple times but the issue persists.
View attachment 34671

How can I reset the add on? can I do it via amtm or format JFFS? I have only diversion installed and I have no issue to reset if needed. Thanks,
I have had periodic minor issues with my AC86U (including Skynet) which I have corrected via a Factory default RESTORE with the "Initialize ..." checkbox checked. Format JFFS partition at next boot/Yes & Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs/Yes.

Then re-add my custom settings, SSH back into to router, and reload amtm and my favorite scripts. After doing this a few times, I am quite familiar with ALL my settings. ;)

This last iteration was due to warnings that my JFFS partition was full and could not update my 3rd party scripts.

On the bright side of this iteration, my CPU usage is consistently very, very low now (was consistently over 60%-100% for long lengths of time) and I now can actually see all my devices that are currently online with the router (before the [clients:] on the [Network Map] menu would only show my wired devices and fail to show the wireless devices).

Last edited:
I have had periodic minor issues with my AC86U (including skynet) which I have corrected via a Factory default RESTORE with "Initialize ..." checkbox checked. Then format the JFFS partition and enable scripts. Then SSH back into to router and reload amtm and my favorite scripts.

This last iteration was due to warnings that my JFFS partition was full.

On the bright side of this iteration, my CPU usage is consistantly very, very low now (was consistantly over 60%-100% for long lenghts of time) and I now can actually see all my devices which are currently online with the router.
Thank you for your reply.

Can I use backup for both settings and JFFS after formatting? Also, what about the USB? should it be removed or plugged during the formatting? Thanks,

Thank you for your reply.

Can I use backup for both settings and JFFS after formatting? Also, what about the USB? should it be removed or plugged during the formatting? Thanks,
When I have a stable version(ing) of my router configuration I do typically save a backup.

In my last 2 reinstall(s) I have ignored my backups and just did what I stated above. I haven't removed the USB drive.

I use an old post (so old it refers to RMerlin 384.15_0) by @L&LD as a guide to reinstalling my favorite scripts: (when it says to "Now, insert a single USB drive that is 4GB or larger" I just left my USB drive installed) >>sorry for the formatting of the comments below...I copy and pasted from my lastpass notes section and having problems cleaning it up
@L&LD
Quick and dirty (my install order for customer's routers, from scratch on RMerlin 384.15_0) :) :
M&M Config + Nuclear reset.
Including new 8 character SSIDs and 16 character passwords (alphanumeric only).
Set Time Zone and DST start/end settings properly.
Enable DDNS (if needed).
Enable QoS (connections below 100Mbps up/down).
Enable AiProtection.
Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs.
Enable ssh (LAN Only). Use a unique port number (i.e. 51xxx).
Update amtm.
Install nsrum. (Note; this only adds this script in the amtm list, you will still need a USB drive to install the actual files). (8)
Install Disk Check script. (dc)
Install scMerlin. (j3)
Install FreshJR QOS (on connections below 100Mbps). (3) FlexQoS (2)
Install YazFi. (4)
Now, insert a single USB drive that is 4GB or larger.
Format the USB drive with Ext4 format and w/journaling enabled and set a label too. (fd)
Create a swap file (2GB recommended). (sw)
Install Diversion Standard (and let it install Enware and pixelserv-tls too, even if you disable these later).
Install ntpMerlin (j2)
Install Skynet. (2)
Install Unbound (or DNSCrypt). (7)
Install x3mRouting - Selective Routing (if required). (6)
Install connmon. (j1)
Install uiDivStats (j5)
Install scribe. (5)
Install uiScribe. (j6)
Install spdMerlin (if required). (j4)
I don't think I forgot anything above just typing off the top of my head? HTH. :)

Last edited:
The least intrusive first step would be to disable and enable the webui from the Skynet settings menu (via amtm).

The least intrusive first step would be to disable and enable the webui from the Skynet settings menu (via amtm).
In amtm >> [2] Open Skynet >> [11] Settings >> [14] Display WebUI >> [2] Disable
Then >> [11] Settings >> [14] Display WebUI >> [1] Enable

Wow, never saw that before. Do all scripts on amtm allow you to enable/disable WebUI? I seem to recall having an issue with the WebUI of Skynet in the past not rendering. I ended up just going through that elaborate method to reinstall EVERYTHING. :(

On a side note: Reinstalling everything worked out other bugs for me. :D

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!