What's new

Issue with VPN director policy on OpenVpn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alecs

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I need your suggestions regarding a very weird problem i am facing.

- using X vpn provider with dynamic public ip, config files- everything works perfect. VPN director is fine, i can choose which client to use to VPN
- using Y vpn provider with fixed public ip config file. VPN director is fine, i can choose which client to use to VPN

Now, i am trying to use Z provider, ovpn(the vpn provider)'s fixed ip, country Romania, openvpn type.
When i add the config file, and if i check Force Internet traffic through tunnel- the VPN works file.
When i choose policy rules and i add my device in VPN Director, it doesn't work. Browsing doens't work, ping doesn't work on anything.
If i use dynamic ip conf files from ovpn(same provider) - everything works well. In the conf files, i don't find any differences besides the server address/port.

Ok, all these info tend that there is a problem with their fix ip Romania vpn but i have tested the same conf on a router with openwrt and the vpn policies works on openvpn.

Any ideas?
My router is Asus RT-AX86U with latest Merlin firmware( 386.3_2)
I apologize if i am not allowed to name the provider, some moderator please censor it if required. I am not trying to advertise nor make bad advertise, just need help with my situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
1636916793224.png