What's new

Issues using filezilla (ftp client/server) in client mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dvohwinkel

I'm not really sure where to start. Filezilla will not work on my windows pc as a client(not Server as I only need to push file out to an external ftp server). It used to work just fine. I think it started to fail in 384.5 but worked in previous versions. I have not used it in months, so I'm not sure when or where things have gone wrong.

I know it is the router because I can put the windows box in a DMZ and it works fine. Has anyone experienced this and know what is set wrong? I don't know that it is a bug, I am probably just setting something wrong.

I tried turning upnp on and off.. no difference.

Set your client to use Passive FTP (assuming the remote server is properly configured to support it).

Set your client to use Passive FTP (assuming the remote server is properly configured to support it).

It is. It fails on the directory listing which I believe is the data connection. It says it connected fine.

It is. It fails on the directory listing which I believe is the data connection. It says it connected fine.

If passive FTP fails, then it's a misconfiguration on the server's end. Passive FTP requires the server to open inbound port 21, as well as a range of inbound ephemeral ports. The client is then responsible for establishing both outbound connections, meaning no special firewall configuration is required on the client's end.