What's new

Issues with 4G sim being used in third party router...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

woobl

New Around Here
First time poster so hello.

We have a 4G Broadband sim with Orange France which works with their '4G Flybox' - a rebadged
Huawei B310 modem/router. Due to the type of property, we purchased a 4G outdoor router to service the whole area (router can be found here).

When we use the Orange 4G simcard in the new router, we receive a message to say (translated from french):

You have subscribed to a 4G Home plan with your Flybox and you use it elsewhere than at your home.
Reminder of the conditions of use of your Flybox and your 4G Home offer."

This makes me think either the original Huawei router is locked to a specific band, or some sort of MAC filtering is happening on the ISP side of the network.

I wonder if anyone has come across this before with other 4G networks and if there is any fix on the new router side?

Thanks in advance.

First time poster so hello.

We have a 4G Broadband sim with Orange France which works with their '4G Flybox' - a rebadged
Huawei B310 modem/router. Due to the type of property, we purchased a 4G outdoor router to service the whole area (router can be found here).

When we use the Orange 4G simcard in the new router, we receive a message to say (translated from french):

You have subscribed to a 4G Home plan with your Flybox and you use it elsewhere than at your home.
Reminder of the conditions of use of your Flybox and your 4G Home offer."

This makes me think either the original Huawei router is locked to a specific band, or some sort of MAC filtering is happening on the ISP side of the network.

I wonder if anyone has come across this before with other 4G networks and if there is any fix on the new router side?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Woobl

We have the same problem - did you manage to get anywhere with sorting this out?

Any help you can give us would be really good.

Thanks!