What's new

Issues with bridge mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shiran

New Around Here
I have a tplink Td-w9970 and asus rt-ac86u
Until a few days ago they were connected with the tplink in bridge mode and the asus as router
And then the Internet became extremely slow (ttl of 7 sec) and the asus Web page showed constant disconnect, connect

After many reset attempts and the rj11 cable change (modem to wall)
I did factory reset on the tplink, set it as router and the Asus in AP mode, everything was fine (noticed people don't hear me well in teams but I hear them just fine while connected with cable to the asus but besides that fine)

Switched back to original setting of bridge and router and the problem came back

Got any ideas what I can do? How can I figure which one is causing the problem (assuming I don't have another router to try)

Come on we need more information about your use case and setup.
- 2.4GHz or 5 or both on the devices?
- what channels are being used on them?
- what firmwares? updated or not?
- what clients? what kind of issue do the run in to - just drops and slowness or more?
- are other neighbours surrounding you with their wifi devices?
bla bla bla give us a bit more info what why you are using this setup may be if know what your goal ist we can help you to adjust or even change it to better?!