What's new

Issues with Channel 100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zackattack784

Regular Contributor
Has anyone else experienced any issues with channel 100? I'm pretty sure this is an intel issue but wanted to see what others had to say.
I have an RT-AX88u running merlin 384.16. I usually have channels set to auto and the other day it switched over to channel 100. Every device had 0 issues with this except for my personal laptop and my work laptop. Channel width is set to 20/40/80 but I can confirm it runs 80mhz.

My personal laptop:
Description: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
Driver version: 21.80.2.1

Work laptop:
Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Driver version: 21.0.1.1

My personal laptop would connect to 5ghz but would only connect under 802.11n, not 802.11AC and I was able to confirm speeds were in fact N and not AC. My work laptop would connect to wifi but no matter what I did I could not get internet. As soon as I changed the channel my work laptop worked and my personal one switched over to AC. I even switched to another DFS channel, 56, and both are working fine.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Hi, i had a similar issue recently. I used to use Channel 100 for over a year with no issues. Then after a firmware update and a reboot started seeing n speeds only. Changed to channel 48 and all works fine. Not sure why but it is a DFS channel wheras 48 isn't so maybe something to do with wireless interference or firmware issue maybe.

Some devices don't deal very well with DFS channels. The recommendation is try the DFS channels and if no one else is using them and all your devices connect great. If not select another channel.

What ever you do if you want reliable WiFi is pick your own channels and disable AUTO. Nothing tends to screw up 2.4 Ghz WiFi in congested locations as much as people using AUTO and the router picking channels such as 4 or 9 each of which then overlap two of the only channels which you should be using. Pick 1,6 or 11 only with 20 Mhz bandwidth.

No problem.

One of these days I'll get round to finishing my master list/topic on the optimal config for various routers and wifi clients.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!