What's new

Issues with RT-AX88U Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hoserdude

New Around Here
I have a new AX88U Pro (couple of weeks now) that works great in some aspects (opening web pages, opening apps on my android) but there are some things that drive me nuts.

As an example when I open Twitter, it opens fast but the images take up to 30 seconds to appear with the tweet. My podcast app (Pocketcasts) is also slow at loading artwork and refuses to download podcasts. I just could not get my son's XBOX to connect to my primary WiFi. However; I CAN use my guest network which I only am using 2.4Ghz to accomplish all these tasks.

I'm at work so it's not possible for me to post screen shots of my settings right now. I've tried Qos on and off, doesn't make a difference.

Anyone have any idea what the problem(s) could be?

FYI, I am using the latest stable Merlin firmware (from early Dec.)

If you flashed RMerlin firmware and just started using it, that's the issue right there.

You need to flash the firmware you want, and then perform a full reset on the unit. Then, perform a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

Do not use any saved backup config files. Do not plug in any USB drive that was used for amtm/scripts before you first plug in that drive to a PC and format it as NTFS.

If you flashed RMerlin firmware and just started using it, that's the issue right there.

You need to flash the firmware you want, and then perform a full reset on the unit. Then, perform a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP.

Do not use any saved backup config files. Do not plug in any USB drive that was used for amtm/scripts before you first plug in that drive to a PC and format it as NTFS.

Registered just to say thanks and that I had the same scenario and a hard reset post-Merlin firmware upload did the trick for me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!