What's new

YazFi Issues with YazFi and Client Isolation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chewie420

Regular Contributor
Hey Jack, it is me again. After some playing around I see that in the WebUI I can't select and option for Client Isolation.

I have also tried doing it using CLI but after I change it to wl02_CLIENTISOLATION=true and apply config it changes back to false.

Any info on that?

I have one way and two way currently off. The way I want is is that all my Network and Guest Networks are isolated.
I think I currently have that as I can't ping devices on Guest Network right now. Just not sure why that radio button is disabled and why I can't enable in CLI

Sorry to bother again!

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey Jack, it is me again. After some playing around I see that in the WebUI I can't select and option for Client Isolation.

I have also tried doing it using CLI but after I change it to wl02_CLIENTISOLATION=true and apply config it changes back to false.

Any info on that?

I have one way and two way currently off. The way I want is is that all my Network and Guest Networks are isolated.
I think I currently have that as I can't ping devices on Guest Network right now. Just not sure why that radio button is disabled and why I can't enable in CLI

Sorry to bother again!

Thanks
I'm assuming you're using an RT-AX88U? Client isolation disabled for that model because the nvram setting refused to stick. By the way, best to post these on the YazFi thread.

I'm assuming you're using an RT-AX88U? Client isolation disabled for that model because the nvram setting refused to stick. By the way, best to post these on the YazFi thread.
Is this still the case with 386? Would be great to use Yazfi to enable client isolation on my guest network (slot 3).

Edit: Ok, I set wl0.3_ap_isolate=1, then restarted wifi (via scMerlin) and sure enough after a bit it reverts back to 0.
Wonder why?? hmm..

Last edited:
Is this still the case with 386? Would be great to use Yazfi to enable client isolation on my guest network (slot 3).

Edit: Ok, I set wl0.3_ap_isolate=1, then restarted wifi (via scMerlin) and sure enough after a bit it reverts back to 0.
Wonder why?? hmm..
if you figure it out let me know :D