What's new

YazFi Issues with Yazfi and First Gen WeMo Smart Plugs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chewie420

Regular Contributor
Original Issue has been resolved but now using YazFi my Gen 1 WeMo Devices will not connect the Gen 2 one will.

------------------------------
OP - With Diversion issue removed
------------------------------

When running Yazfi I am trying to change my IoT Guest Network (first 2.4 GHz Guest Network) to 192.168.55.XXX

I have my DHCP server set to 192.168.5.1. It seems that since it wants my first 5 Ghz Guest network to be 192.168.5.0 and will not let me change that setting. I hit apply it says 100% complete I go back and it has changed from 192.168.8.0 back to 192.168.5.0. If I leave that one as X.X.5.0 and hit apply it says that my settings are incorrect and I can't save.

I have tried uninstall and re-install but seem to have a lot of issues with this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Sounds like something is going wrong when saving the settings from the WebUI. Any errors in syslog from YazFi?

What happens if you manually edit the config file at the CLI and try to apply through CLI?

Sounds like something is going wrong when saving the settings from the WebUI. Any errors in syslog from YazFi?

What happens if you manually edit the config file at the CLI and try to apply through CLI?

Asks me to enable it which I can't do cause of the issue I said with the 192.169.5.1.
User Variables - edit as needed #
# #
# You must configure the Guest Network(s) in #
# the router GUI before using this script #
# #
# N.B. Currently hardcoded to a 255.255.255.0 #
# subnet, so DHCP pool can start at a minimum #
# of X.Y.Z.2 and a maximum of X.Y.Z.254

1595278365533.png

Attachments

• 1595278343635.png
    1595278343635.png
    219 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Can you run the diagnostic option and PM me the passphrase. If you don't have somewhere to upload the tar file let me know I can send a Dropbox link. Please also send me a screenshot of the exact error, and the guest(s) you have enable in Asus' own guest network tab

Ok so I was able to change the settings and got it working but as soon as I change my Iot network to 192.168.55.0 All my WeMo devices stop working and they are a pain to setup so I guess I won't bother anymore.

As soon as I changed it back they started working again. Even though they got the new IP not sure why they didn't work.

Can you run the diagnostic option and PM me the passphrase. If you don't have somewhere to upload the tar file let me know I can send a Dropbox link. Please also send me a screenshot of the exact error, and the guest(s) you have enable in Asus' own guest network tab

Ok so I was able to change the settings by ssh and got it working but as soon as I change my Iot network to 192.168.55.0 All my WeMo devices stop working and they are a pain to setup so I guess I won't bother anymore.

As soon as I changed it back they started working again. Even though they got the new IP not sure why they didn't work.

I guess I will drop the second issue but any help with the pad lock for WebUI access with Pixelserv would be great.

Thanks Jack for your time!

Really weird that 5 of my WeMo Wall socket Gen 1 will not work with YazFi Enabled no matter what I try.

1595286105683.png

The Gen 2 version works, hmmmmm Very interesting.

1595286139107.png

That is something I think is beyond my level of troubleshooting.

Ok so I left the config and waited and WeMo Gen 1 are coming online just taking a long time.

The Gen 2 was able to connect right away. I guess everything is now working with YazFi.

This is awesome!