What's new

iTunes can't verify the identity of the server...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Empassant18

Occasional Visitor
I just installed 384.13 and it's been working really well but for one thing. I haven't used iTunes in about a week and after installing and updating, I am getting these messages on all my mac machines but not on iPads or iPhones where I can connect no problem. I have Skynet and Diversion installed. I am running 384.13.0, and am wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue or has had this problem. I searched the forum without success, but I may be using the wrong parameters. Here are a couple of screenshots of what I am seeing.

Is anyone else having this problem or what do you think might be going on. This is a new issue that I did not experience in 384.12. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 7.14.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 7.14.55 PM.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 391
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 7.15.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 7.15.11 PM.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 413
I have a MacBook running 10.14.6 and have not experienced any issues at all running 384.13 on my RT-AC86u. My ISP is Spectrum cable. I use Google DNS not my ISP's.

"is4-ssl.mzstatic.com" is a site in the Netherlands which is owned by Akamai Technologies, Inc." play.itunes.apple.com" is also in the Netherlands and owned by the same company.

When I attempt to use Safari to connect to play.itunes.apple.com I get the following message:
Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #6.6b0dfea5.1564750815.462663a

When I attempt to use Safari to connect to is4-ssl.mzstatic.com I get the following message:
Not Found on Accelerator

Description: Your request was not found. Check the location and try again.

I have a MacBook running 10.14.6 and have not experienced any issues at all running 384.13 on my RT-AC86u. My ISP is Spectrum cable. I use Google DNS not my ISP's.

"is4-ssl.mzstatic.com" is a site in the Netherlands which is owned by Akamai Technologies, Inc." play.itunes.apple.com" is also in the Netherlands and owned by the same company.

When I attempt to use Safari to connect to play.itunes.apple.com I get the following message:
Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #6.6b0dfea5.1564750815.462663a

When I attempt to use Safari to connect to is4-ssl.mzstatic.com I get the following message:
Not Found on Accelerator

Description: Your request was not found. Check the location and try again.

This is helpful. I have some countries blocked in Skynet. That could be the culprit. I will check if the Netherlands is on that list. How can you tell the countries of these servers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Helpful again. It actually helped me find the problem that is now solved. When I went t the site, I entered all the server addresses that had been giving me issues. I posted two, but there were about seven altogether that iTunes was telling me were unavailable. They were all from the Netherlands, but when I read closer at the IP address, the provider was Akamai Technologies, Inc. I had blocked some addresses from this provider that were showing up in high frequencies from my Sonos devices. What Sonos was doing was using them to access Apple Music, so when I finally got back around to usingi iTunes on the computer I had the problems I detailed above. I removed the following address from my Diversion blacklist, and problem was instantly solved:

e673.dsce9.akamaiedge.net

Thanks, @ApexRon. you really helped today. I knew if I put it out here, help would soon come! Thanks.