What's new

I've updated my ASUS RT-N66 to Merlin, but I still can't view Traffic per device.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MacGuillicutty

New Around Here
Apparently starting a "conversation" is different that starting this page... I was wondering why no one was answering lol. I've never asked a question on a forum before.

I managed to update my ASUS RT-N66 firmware to Asuswrt-Merlin, but I still can't view Traffic per device. I've spent far too many hours trying to figure it out.

I found a YouTube video saying I need to go to "General" -> "Tools" -> "Other Setting" and "Enable IPTraffic (per IP monitoring)" which I did. But I still don't see the "Traffic Manager" option show up under "General". Can anyone help me out?

Make sure you are in Router mode. There's no traffic manager in AP or Repeater mode, as there's no WAN interface to monitor.

thank you so much for answering. This router is set to repeater on the other side of the house. My main router is in my office and it is a Netgear Nighthawk, do you have anything for that?

If you aren't in Router mode already....don't just blindly change it. How is your network laid out? What other devices are providing the routing services today?

I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 as my main router. But it wouldn't reach outside in the driveway so I had another router ASUS RT-N66 installed, apparently as a repeater. So now I have 2 routers. I have Comcast internet. I have an Arris Surfboard SB6141 modem. I have a switch but probably not pertinent.

Since I'm not the best at this, I was hoping to just buy another router that already has the ability to see traffic per device. Does anyone know of one? I have hit many deadends and wasted tons of time I don't have, so I'd rather just pay and get it over with. One friend suggested installing NetWorx but that didn't work. The Merlin download seemed perfect but I guess it won't do me any good if I need to be in "Repeater" mode. Not to mention, now I can't even get it back to repeater mode.

Since I'm not the best at this, I was hoping to just buy another router that already has the ability to see traffic per device. Does anyone know of one? I have hit many deadends and wasted tons of time I don't have, so I'd rather just pay and get it over with. One friend suggested installing NetWorx but that didn't work. The Merlin download seemed perfect but I guess it won't do me any good if I need to be in "Repeater" mode. Not to mention, now I can't even get it back to repeater mode.

Shut down your main router (the night hawk), log onto the interface, change it back to repeater.

thank you so much for answering. This router is set to repeater on the other side of the house. My main router is in my office and it is a Netgear Nighthawk, do you have anything for that?

You'll need to switch the main router to something like Tomato to gain improved traffic monitoring.