What's new

JFFS Format

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jjulez

Regular Contributor
What will i be losing, don't want to lose any settings after i just setup this ax with merlin

Thanks for the info, was thinking it would wipe out other settings i inputted into the router

To be clear, the words "SSH Format" is meaningless without some form of context. What did you really mean?

Formatting the JFFS partition will wipe out many of your router's settings and all of the "custom scripts and configs" stored there.

So any add-on scripts will either not exist anymore, or just fail to start until they are reinstalled.

Router settings like custom Client Names, icons, manual DHCP assignments, VPN settings, etc. will also be lost.

You will also lose things like Traffic Analyzer stats and web history.

Last edited:
Well i must do something because now it won't let me input port forwarding. How cam the nvram be near full when i just got this router yesterday

Then it's unlikely you've run out of NVRAM space as that router has twice the space compared to the older models.

Why do you think the NVRAM is nearly full? What error message are you seeing?

If you go to Tools - System Information you can see the NVRAM usage.

Please enter a value between 1 to 65535..that's what i am getting when i try to apply port forwarding. According to my searches that happens when the nvram has used up lots of space

Please enter a value between 1 to 65535..that's what i am getting when i try to apply port forwarding. According to my searches that happens when the nvram has used up lots of space
Can you post a screenshot showing what you're trying to enter so that we can understand the problem.

here is the picture

Attachments

• ax86u pic.jpg
    ax86u pic.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 301
it's a script for port forwarding from mullvadvpn..that must be done before i configure port forwarding in the router's interface

it's a script for port forwarding from mullvadvpn..that must be done before i configure port forwarding in the router's interface
That's not how or where you do port forwarding or create scripts. Where did you get that information from?

Last edited:
That's where i did it last time and it worked for my RT-AC86U..That's part of mullvadvpn instructions for their port forwarding