What's new

JFFS Usericon icon limit?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pgershon

Regular Contributor
I have just discovered that my RT-AX92U will not permit me to add more than 99 icons to its list. Is there a way top increase the limit, or a way around it? I have 50 or so Kasa light switches that all use the same custom icon. Be great if they could share one icon instead of requiring g 50 unique icons.

There is a "Smart Bulb" icon in the Asus list you can use as many times as you wish.

Ever think you have too many "smart" devices?

I think this may help.

You can ssh into your router, go to /jffs/usericon, make hard link copies of the usericon files of light switches you've already uploaded, and name the new copies to be [MAC address of light switch].log (for example, 112233AABBCC.log). In this way you can specify many more usericons, and new copies won't use up disk space becasue they're just hard links.

Thank you. How do I create the hardlink? I believe I understand the rest of the process once I figure out this first step.

Thank you. How do I create the hardlink? I believe I understand the rest of the process once I figure out this first step.
To create a hard line of file 112233AABBCC.log and name it 334455DDEEFF.log, you run
Code:
ln 112233AABBCC.log 334455DDEEFF.log

Thanks. I figured it out and got what I needed. However, I have one issue. I have three RT-AX92U routers - one acts as my main router and the other are wired mesh nodes. On the DHCP assignment page, I see the two Mesh nodes and I have icons associated with them. But on the mesh nodes page, my icons are not displayed. I am not sure why. I used to have one node icon displayed but not the other. When I tried to fix, instead I lost both. See attachment screenshots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 11.04.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 11.04.59 PM.png
    300.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 11.05.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 11.05.18 PM.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 55