What's new

JFFS Usericon?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ramias

Occasional Visitor
I got the 88U last year specifically due to the increased NVRAM. Running 384.3.

I like the network map feature with custom icons; and I have a ton of devices (10 Nest Protects; 8 Sonos devices, a dozen cameras, etc etc 71 devices on the network now; a slightly larger number of static DHCP reservations.

Problem is my router basically crashes now whenever I add a new custom icon. I can SSH in, delete the icon in jffs/usericon and the router resumes fine. It does this for any icon I upload.

Is there a limit I am hitting?

/jffs/nmp_cl_json.js is 10740. nmp_client_list is 3722. Several devices use the same icon if there's a way I could create a new icon file (instead of PNGs) and use that method.

I have a problem with an icon file being created in \jffs\usericon after a reboot. An ICO file gets created that keeps growing in size while the system is up, until it maxes out available memory. I can manually go in and delete it after the reboot, and it stays gone until the next reboot, when bam, there it is again. I have about 32 clients in case that matters. I am not purposely adding icons anywhere. Any idea why this is happening? I have 380.70.

I have a problem with an icon file being created in \jffs\usericon after a reboot. An ICO file gets created that keeps growing in size while the system is up, until it maxes out available memory. I can manually go in and delete it after the reboot, and it stays gone until the next reboot, when bam, there it is again. I have about 32 clients in case that matters. I am not purposely adding icons anywhere. Any idea why this is happening? I have 380.70.
Not sure what router you are using, but, a good reset to defaults would fix this for you.;)

Not sure what router you are using, but, a good reset to defaults would fix this for you.;)

Thanks. I'll do that.