What's new

JFFS2 partition in a USB (just Asuswrt, no Merlin)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carlos M.

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I've two networks, one with a N66u and Merlin and the other one with a DLS-N14u.

I would like have the JFFS2 writable partition in order to "install" thins and keep scripts in the DSL-N14u.

Coudl I use a USB memory and create a partition to prepare this writable and consistent content?

Thanks in advance.

You misunderstand what JFFS2 is. JFFS2 is a filesystem used to use a portion of a flash chip as if it were a regular filesystem. Your USB disk already works with FAT32/NTFS, so it does not need JFFS2.

You misunderstand what JFFS2 is. JFFS2 is a filesystem used to use a portion of a flash chip as if it were a regular filesystem. Your USB disk already works with FAT32/NTFS, so it does not need JFFS2.

:) sure RMerlin I misunderstand a lot of things but let me time and help me. It's a question of time, mate ;)

Well, what I look for?

Just get the persistent jffs partition functionality of your firmware but in a DSL-N14u Asuswrt "powered" in order to put things like scripts and custom images for the gui.
I'm sure you know why... ;)

Thanks!!

:) sure RMerlin I misunderstand a lot of things but let me time and help me. It's a question of time, mate ;)

Well, what I look for?

Just get the persistent jffs partition functionality of your firmware but in a DSL-N14u Asuswrt "powered" in order to put things like scripts and custom images for the gui.
I'm sure you know why... ;)

Thanks!!

I don't know if Asus compiles the firmware with JFFS2 enabled or not on that model. Chances are they aren't, so there's nothing you can do about it.

Beside, you would still be missing scripting support that isn't present in Asuswrt. So for all intent and purposes, a JFFS2 partition would give you nothing more than a USB disk would already provide: just pure storage.

I don't know if Asus compiles the firmware with JFFS2 enabled or not on that model. Chances are they aren't, so there's nothing you can do about it.

Beside, you would still be missing scripting support that isn't present in Asuswrt. So for all intent and purposes, a JFFS2 partition would give you nothing more than a USB disk would already provide: just pure storage.
Thanks, I'll check with the DSL-N14u.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!