Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

just an FYI

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by ct1615, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ct1615

ct1615 Occasional Visitor

went to smallnetbuilder.com this morning through Firefox and received the message below

Bitdefender (my Anti-virus) has blocked this page
    This website was blocked to prevent a malware from reaching your device. Malware can cause your device to slow down or it can steal your private information.

I understand the risks, take me there anyway

** went through google search and had no issue

2. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

That could be a holdover from the problem we had back in October. The site is now scanned multiple times per day to detect changes. There have been none since the hacks were removed.

In the future, please PM me directly for problems like this. I don't read every thread in every forum.

3. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

I visited the front page soon after reading it this morning, and neither Chrome's malware blacklist nor Trend Micro's WRS on my router reported anything abnormal. Could it have been caused by a specific ad?

4. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

Unlikely. More likely the flag was set during the October problem and hasn't been rechecked.