What's new

Just another speed test result

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

System Error Message

Part of the Furniture
I thought i'd post the fruits of my labour configuring mikrotik here. It wasnt easy and i'd love to write a tutorial but i would consider my current job an abuse and the country i live in terrible that i have no choice but to take the abuse and work not to mention that they dont provide any hardware to do work with. I hacked the ISP given dlink router in the office and replaced it with my mikrotik router (Also used the mikrotik router as part of the hacking too).

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/27611115
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/27611402
A+ in every category in a 100Mb/s symmetrical ISP. that has very poor international bandwidth. I also used a custom dslreports category that is even more stressful than the typical fiber setting.

Once i have the time i will definitely create a mikrotik tutorial and hopefully with comments make it easy to learn. I will have separate categories for both home, office and cafe setups.

edit: Added 2nd test result which is a bit more stressful than the first. But still A+ in bufferbloat despite adding more bandwidth load. It wasnt exactly an ideal condition as it was over wifi but still a good test over wifi.

Last edited:
Would definitely read over your tutorial when you decide to make/publish it. Wanted to go with mikrotik but just didn't want to spend the time learning it just to get a decent router/firewall setup, instead just went with pfsense and that has been constant learning so might have been better off to just to have gone with mikrotik to begin with.

A+ in every category in a 100Mb/s symmetrical ISP. that has very poor international bandwidth. I also used a custom dslreports category that is even more stressful than the typical fiber setting.

Part of the challenge with DSLReports BuggerBloat test is that it's very dependent on the client - the browser, the OS, the network interface card in use... one can twiddle the knobs and dials for QoS settings in a GW/Router to get a good result, and move over to another machine, and things change...

In any event, for most folks, once one has a 100 mbit uplink, it's mostly upstream, e.g. the ISP, that is a contributor to the bloat concern.

Part of the challenge with DSLReports BuggerBloat test is that it's very dependent on the client - the browser, the OS, the network interface card in use... one can twiddle the knobs and dials for QoS settings in a GW/Router to get a good result, and move over to another machine, and things change...

In any event, for most folks, once one has a 100 mbit uplink, it's mostly upstream, e.g. the ISP, that is a contributor to the bloat concern.
Tested over multiple hardwares, and on wifi too. The worst i got was A. Not only was the rating good, but even the game server i host experienced a huge reduction in lag.

Would definitely read over your tutorial when you decide to make/publish it. Wanted to go with mikrotik but just didn't want to spend the time learning it just to get a decent router/firewall setup, instead just went with pfsense and that has been constant learning so might have been better off to just to have gone with mikrotik to begin with.
Definitely, once i can find time in my busy life of working for an abusive company, and having responsibilities, i do want to post a mikrotik tutorial from start to finish, to make full use of the device for home, small office and cafes.