What's new

Just for the heck of it

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Its just a bit fuzzy how those new builds now seems to be thrown over the wall.
I understand the builds are shared between Asus and certain beta testers and subsequently dumped here.
It is still strange those builds are shared without any further points of attention.
I don't expect full release notes (Merlin recently wrote something about that).
At least it would help if Asus indicates what major fix or enhancement should be implemented in the build, so people can focus their tests on that part.

Now it seems Asus goes like DD-WRT with numerous builds, without a clear logic.

For the average user it shall stay clear what firmware build is the preferred stable and officially released build for their router (quite sure NOT the un-official builds dropped here and not the formally published beta and Japan-only builds).

Last edited:
Its just a bit fuzzy how those new builds now seems to be thrown over the wall.
I understand the builds are shared between Asus and certain beta testers and subsequently dumped here.
It is still strange those builds are shared without any further points of attention.
I don't expect full release notes (Merlin recently wrote something about that).
At least it would help if Asus indicates what major fix or enhancement should be implemented in the build, so people can focus their tests on that part.

Now it seems Asus goes like DD-WRT with numerous builds, without a clear logic.

For the average user it shall stay clear what firmware build is the preferred stable and officially released build for their router (quite sure NOT the un-official builds dropped here and not the formally published beta and Japan-only builds).

First, there is no Japan only build. :)

Second, the users that drop beta build here for us are doing who ever wants to try them a favor.

They have obviously signed up with Asus to test the beta features and fixes. As you surmise correctly, normal users have no need to test these except out of curiosity.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!