What's new

Just installed Merlin, changed admin login to https, now I'm locked out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

opensourcehw

New Around Here
Hi all, been a lurker on these forums for years. I used to use DD-WRT on various routers(I do not consider myself a power user, just someone who dabbled in it, set it and forget it, come back to it years later only having to relearn much), but any how I finally have myself a AX86U.

So I install Merlin, start to tinker with security settings(I have much to learn and relearn), and I enable only HTTPS for the admin log in thinking it would be a better idea instead of leaving it at HTTP.... lo and behold now I cannot even access the login. I did some searching and see that I should have made a certificate first and accepted it on the browser.

Any how do I have any options? I was thinking I'd have to factory reset the router and start all over again.

Edit: Nevermind! I tried :8443 at the end and it worked! I feel so silly, like I said, much more for me to learn...

Last edited:
Hi all, been a lurker on these forums for years. I used to use DD-WRT on various routers(I do not consider myself a power user, just someone who dabbled in it, set it and forget it, come back to it years later only having to relearn much), but any how I finally have myself a AX86U.

So I install Merlin, start to tinker with security settings(I have much to learn and relearn), and I enable only HTTPS for the admin log in thinking it would be a better idea instead of leaving it at HTTP.... lo and behold now I cannot even access the login. I did some searching and see that I should have made a certificate first and accepted it on the browser.

Any how do I have any options? I was thinking I'd have to factory reset the router and start all over again.

Edit: Nevermind! I tried :8443 at the end and it worked! I feel so silly, like I said, much more for me to learn...
Trial and error - the best teacher...