What's new

Just Updated to DSM 7 and Google Time Out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
So, I just turned on my NAS and updated to DSM7. All went well. It defaulted to setting time to time.google.com which was 8 minutes out from all the rest of my network, workstations and iPhones. I changed to pool.ntp.org and all is good.

I did a manual update with time.google.com just to make sure it was really using it. I then switched to pool.ntp.org and did a manual update and the time corrected to the rest of my network.

google showing the correct time here (using all 4 IPv4 addresses, I can't test IPv6).

I used IPv4, no IPv6 here. Strange.

So, I changed back to google time and I am still in sysnc. I did a manual time update and the screen grayed out then came back and google time was 8 minutes out right after updating to DSM 7. Will I am going to stay on pool.ntp.org.

Is there any place that is 8 minutes out like China if I synced there? My time zone was correct when I updated.

I think I will change my NAS IP address.

Last edited: