1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

kernel: Argh. No free space left for GC error

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by programatix, Dec 7, 2019.

1. programatix

programatix Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I'm running stock RT-N66U (3.0.0.4.382_51641-g46d2311) and recently I'm getting this error every few seconds,

Dec 7 17:01:02 kernel: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
    Dec 7 17:01:03 kernel: jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 55 bytes for garbage_collect_dirent failed: -28
    Dec 7 17:01:03 kernel: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
    Dec 7 17:01:03 kernel: jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 55 bytes for garbage_collect_dirent failed: -28
    Dec 7 17:02:02 kernel: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
    Dec 7 17:02:02 kernel: jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 55 bytes for garbage_collect_dirent failed: -28

I tried to delete files in jffs2 but it seems like it is currently in read-only state.

I tried reformatting jffs2 using the commands I found in this forum posted by Merlin himself and the error disappeared. After some times, this error will reappear again.

I can ignore the error in the log, but I also noted that the unit would reset itself every once in a while and I'm not sure whether the 2 are related to each other.

Anyone can help with this?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk