What's new

kernel: FPM Pool 1: invalid token 0x21950000 freed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

skeal

Part of the Furniture
As the title states, can anyone tell me what this means please? My google fu is failing, and the forum search is failing me as well. Thanks people!!

Nobody can, because that error message comes from a closed source proprietary component from Broadcom.

Nobody can, because that error message comes from a closed source proprietary component from Broadcom.

Sounds like a memory leak - as you mentioned, likely in one of the closed source components - might be Broadcom, could be some of the Asus or third party items.

Sounds like a memory leak - as you mentioned, likely in one of the closed source components - might be Broadcom, could be some of the Asus or third party items.

It's definitely Broadcom. rdp_fpm.ko is a kernel module that's part of their HND software stack, related to their Packet Runner traffic accelerator (think "next gen" version of their original Flow Accelerator, which provided acceleration at the switching level, if I remember correctly).

As I said above, these links don't answer the question itself.
Same issue with 384.13 apparently something Asus should have isolated and solved..... For me theses errors cause a reboot which makes the AX88U actually an expensive useless piece of crap.

It's definitely Broadcom. rdp_fpm.ko is a kernel module that's part of their HND software stack, related to their Packet Runner traffic accelerator (think "next gen" version of their original Flow Accelerator, which provided acceleration at the switching level, if I remember correctly).

Yeah - and this is something that sounds like a Broadcom HND board support platform fix at some point.

I don't have an HND based platform on hand, but I assume there's a WebUI function to disable the flow acceleration stuff, at least for debug purposes.

I don't have an HND based platform on hand, but I assume there's a WebUI function to disable the flow acceleration stuff, at least for debug purposes.

There isn't. For some reason Asus didn't implement a setting similar to the one they had to disable CTF on previous platforms.

There isn't. For some reason Asus didn't implement a setting similar to the one they had to disable CTF on previous platforms.
Maybe that's why I don't have real issues with this log entry. I have QOS bandwidth limiter enabled which disables the two acceleration methods by default. So I have zero acceleration on my AX88U. I get the message every now and then, so no big deal.

Hi, any other insight regarding this problem ? I am starting to link this happening with a strange wifi 5Ghz failure where after seeing an avalanche of these log entries my AX88 fails to authenticate any more 5Ghz clients until a reboot is made. This happens randomly, some times a few hours after rebooting the router, others after a couple of weeks...

Im getting the same log entries in my RT-AX88U especially happens if i test wifi speed with speedtest.net app on mobile
Nov 11 13:08:57 kernel: FPM Pool 0: invalid token 0x01340000 freed
Nov 11 13:09:39 kernel: FPM Pool 1: invalid token 0x22b68000 freed
Nov 11 13:09:40 kernel: FPM Pool 0: invalid token 0x00d08000 freed

Does't seem right to me for freshly bought router should't have these issues it has't crashed or rebooted by it self yet, but may return it allows me to return it within 100 days.
Heard its every asus router having this problem, so i am curious if its indeed a problem at all, store i bought it from has very good reputation of just taking it back even after 1 and half years and giving full refund, cos they often get many returns for same problems with other devices.

Kind of need a very good router with very good wifi regardless, since i run my own dhcp server and ip range and my isp modem does't allow me to set different ip range which i need for network boot.

I have the same error on my AX88U's. Does this happen on stock firmware as well? If so, we should each submit a ticket to ASUS so they can look into it.