What's new

Keyless Z-Wave Lock with Mode to Always Stay Unlocked?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tmc1284

New Around Here
I am looking for a recommendation on a Keyless Z-Wave lock that has a Mode in which I cam make it always Unlocked. I will be renting my own home out as a vacation rental. I have five bedrooms and there is one bedroom in the house that I will use for storage unless there are above 10 guests.

I currently have a Yale Real Living Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-Wave on the front and back door. I most likely would prefer to purchase a lock from a different manufacturer as the guest will be given a code for the Yale front and back door locks, so using a different brand will help them to understand that they do not have access to this room.

I have a SmartThings Hub and I'm using a SmartApp from rboyapps called the "Lock Multi User Management with Unlock Notifications, Advanced Scheduling and Automatic Lock/Unlock" app. It allows me to remotely create guest codes which is necessary since many times I will be on vacation when I need to assign new codes to guests. I would like the new lock to also be compatible with the rboyapps app since it seems to work very well if anyone also uses rboyapps for their locks. I believe rboyapps does works with all the popular brands if you have a recommendation but do not use rboyapps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!