What's new

Solved known incompatibility between Merlin firmware and Stock in AIMESH network ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

corbendallas

Occasional Visitor
hi forumers

i decided recently to change my AC88U router running on Merlin during years.
i also used an RP-AX56 extender with it.

i changed last week to an AX88-PRO, stayed on Stock firmware to test it, with no problem to link the extender.
i just think it was upgraded to a latest firmware at the installation of the AI MESH node.
as the AX88 PRO wan port (2,5Gbps) limit my internet connection (5Gbps), i decided to go for an AXE16000.

After installing the merlin firmware on the AXE16000 (3004.388.6) , i cant' install the extender!
i tried many times, reboot either the router or the extender, but it didn't solve the issue!

are there incomptaibility with merlin firmware and stock firmware in AI Mesh?

Asus website offer these stock firmware for the extender :
ASUS RP-AX56 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51891
ASUS RP-AX56 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42860
ASUS RP-AX56 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.42792
ASUS RP-AX56 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.26131

don't know which choose to downgrade the extender to a compatible firmware

thanks

After many attempt, i connect the extender in a LAN port and try again...
don't know why and how, but i succeed in installing it as aimesh node :)
for oinformation, the extender run the last stock firmware : 3.0.0.4.386_51891

if this post can help an other forumer

I have found in the past setting up AiMesh using Wifi doesn't always work. I have foundconnecting directly with ethernet always works. Then you can always switch to Wifi. I have also ran the node with both stock and merlin firmware. Contrary to what others have said, I find no difference running either.

I have found in the past setting up AiMesh using Wifi doesn't always work. I have foundconnecting directly with ethernet always works. Then you can always switch to Wifi. I have also ran the node with both stock and merlin firmware. Contrary to what others have said, I find no difference running either.
i had never had issues with wifi connection for 2 years i used the extender
always a first time :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!