What's new

L2TP/IPSEC Routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matt Sears

New Around Here
I have an Asus AC RT68U router with the latest release of Merlin. I want to be able to run a VPN on it and have managed to set up a VPN connection using L2TP, I cant use Open VPN as it is blocked where I live.
The connection I have made is fine, however all traffic passes through the VPN when it is connected.
Is it possible in the settings to assign which connected items use the VPN and all the other connected items just use the router without passing through the VPN.
From what I have read it is possible for Open VPN but as I have said I cant use this.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply. This is the sort of thing I wanted to do, but just wondered if there was an option in the firmware where I could just select which client route through the vpn and other clients bypass the vpn, as I dont want all traffic running through the VPN.
I am not much of an expert with command line etc so was looking for an easy way of doing it.

Thanks again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!