What's new

LAN Connection to 192.168.49.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dcsang

Regular Contributor
I am consistently receiving warnings from ESET that my browsers are attempting to communicate with 192.168.49.1 on a random UDP port. ESET reposts the company as Google LLC. I have the following installed: Diversion, Skynet, YazFi, conmon, uiDivStats, uiScribe, YazDHCP, nsrum, and scribe. How can I determine what is associated with that IP?

All VPNs disabled and guest networks 1-3 are usung 192.168.2.0, ...3.0, ...4.0 respectively (guest network 1 and associated 5GHz segments disabled).

Yes, I have a Firestick with KODI and ROKU. I didn't think to check them because nothing's changed with those devices and I started seeing the ESET warnings about a month ago. Will report back. Thank you for the suggestions!

I really did research this before posting, and came up empty, but your suggestions pointed me in the right direction. Although I can't locate that specific IP anywhere in the settings/config, others suggest it is the address the remote uses to communicate with the Firestick. Why my browser is trying to connect to that IP is another story. Thank you @ColinTaylor.

It is just ESET Network Inspector (go to Tools, Network Inspector). It "maps" out devices on your network.. and reports devices or known vulnerabilities and it is probably configured with some default or something is tripping its security from that IP/device. You can try turning down some of the security checks if you know how.. but that is difficult without knowing what is being tripped, or you can disable it in Settings, Network Protection, Network Inspector.

The best direct device to use Kodi is Firestick because you can highly customize the Kodi features on Firestick. Most of all you can unlock the Firestick and install kodi builds to stream content. Currently, Kodi nexus is performing pretty well on Firestick 4K. If you want to use the Roku then mirroring is the only option.

Hey all, I see this thread is old, but I don't see a specific response to this question. I was also seeing mysterious traffic on multiple WFH machines for 192.168.49.1 over remote port 60,000. I was seeing this traffic on multiple different work-from-home users laptops. It looks like Amazon uses this IP for either Firesticks or Echo devices, based on information I'm getting from Crowdstrike.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!