1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

lan dhcp server issue with router mode + wifi clients?

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by badbob001, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:47 AM.

1. badbob001

badbob001 Occasional Visitor

I have an external dhcp server on my LAN and wifi users connected to the ac86u router can't obtain an ip address. Ethernet users don't have issues obtaining an ip. AP isolation is not enabled. If I enable the built-in dhcp server on the ac86u, wifi users are able to obtain an ip.

Is this a problem with router mode? I also have several ac68u units in ap mode where wifi users can still obtain ip addresses. All units are hardwired and aimesh is not used.

Maybe it's a bug with the firmware? ac86u is at 3.0.0.4.384_81930.

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

If the WiFi users are connected to a Guest WiFi SSID which has access to the intranet blocked they won't be able to connect to the DHCP server.

L&LD likes this.
  3. badbob001

badbob001 Occasional Visitor

I just realized
    I just realized that just this morning! I previously only had wifi enabled on the access points, where the intranet block option for guests doesn't work. But when I enable the same settings on router...