What's new

Lan Poort 3 and 4 VID IPTV function?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Henk-J

Occasional Visitor
Question:
In my RT-AX82U, I have set the ISP Profile to manual,
Internet VID 2009

This all works ok.
What is the function of configuring VID"s LAN Port 4 and a different one for LAN port 3 in this config?

Are the forwarded to the internet port if I configure them? Why would I even give these ports a different VID?

Thx, so When I configure Port 4 as VID 2005, this will be "routed" (I suppose?) or bridged? to the internet?
If it is routed, an IP adres from my "lan" will begiven? Will this "VID 2005" device then be able to communicatie with my LAN?

Usually the IP address will come from the ISP device connected to your router's WAN port and the device is separate from your LAN. Why are you asking?

Reason is, that I want to understand how it (is supposed) to work.

I now have set the LAN port 3 to VID 2005 (for voip). But the telefony device does not get an IP. Tried setting the device to VLAN 2005, still no IP, neither from ISp nor from the Router.
If the router is supposed to bridge all VLAN 2005 traffic to (now port3) my LAN, I must be doing something wrong.

update: looks like my ISP is sending some DHCP info. Only thing they do not send is the details for a DNS server. (was the first field I looked at, and it stayed empty). After entering the IP adres (instead of the DNS name) of the SIP-Server all seems to work as expected

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!