What's new

LAN PORT BRIDGE MODE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Javier GB

New Around Here
Hi.
Recently a friend here in Spain contracted the fiber with the company ADAMO ... which I installed a DG200A-AC Internal Model router which the installer told him that LAN port 4 was in bridge mode, quasi doing several tests that port It gives you very good connection and very little latency ... I don't know if this is true or not ...
my question is? ... with my router Asus ac 5300 with the Merlin can you configure a port in bridge mode or really my friend's port 4 is not in bridge mode but it is another type of configuration .. greetings
EG200_Front-webb.jpg

Hi.
Recently a friend here in Spain contracted the fiber with the company ADAMO ... which I installed a DG200A-AC Internal Model router which the installer told him that LAN port 4 was in bridge mode, quasi doing several tests that port It gives you very good connection and very little latency ... I don't know if this is true or not ...
my question is? ... with my router Asus ac 5300 with the Merlin can you configure a port in bridge mode or really my friend's port 4 is not in bridge mode but it is another type of configuration .. greetingsView attachment 19989

Connect the DG200A-AC Lan Port to your Ac5300 WAN port and see what happens.

Your Asus has to be in routermode anyway, if the modem on port4 is in bridge mode than your Asus is first router in your network, otherwise it will be in double NAT. If you only need internet connection than it wont make reasonable differences.

hoy entré en el enrutador de mi amigo y así es como el puerto 4 del enrutador está configurado en modo puente mientras que los primeros 3 están en LAN ... mi pregunta es si puede configurar el AC5300 de esta manera con asus merlin

Attachments

• ADAMO.png
    ADAMO.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 227
You are probably better off checking adslzone.
They usually have pages on how to connect other routers.
Asus gets a lot of users on there.