What's new

Lan to Lan Different Ip's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Halla26

New Around Here
Hi all.

I'm a relative newbie when it comes to networking but bear with me!

I have a LAN network consisting of ip addresses in the 192.168.0.xx range all static.

Basically I want to set up a recently bought asus ac1900 to allow access to this network, however using the 192.168.2.xx range.

The scenario is
a) I connect to my asus router via wireless
b) This then lets me access the 192.168.0.xx range.
c) The asus router is on the 192.168.2.xx range but is primarily to give access to the 0.xx range.

I've tried setting it up and seeing the network activity in the WAN port, but I'm unable to ping anything on the 0.xx range unfortunately :(

Any help much appreciated thanks !

What is your goal for having two routers? Unless you can disable the NAT the routers, it will be unlikely you will be able to initiate communication from both sides across the routers.

We want the 0.xx primarily for computers and control systems, the other subnet will be for anything externally such as the wireless routers and access points. It's across a 35 acre area.

If you want both networks to be available you need to use a differend subnet mask (255.255.224.0 or so ) that you can calculate online
And it is possible you manual need to insert the ip addresses in the routing table so they can communicate

Mainly the subnet will do the trick but it depends on differend things. So if subnet alone does not work you need to route the stuff ( routing counts for both ways. Not just single way as it will not know where to reply to xd )

Greets from powerchaos

Greets from PowerChaos
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk