What's new

Last two firmware updates don't work with Comcast

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Robert61

New Around Here
I have the Asus AC68U router and Merlin has always worked fine. I get good results with 380.69.0, but when I tried to upgrade to 380.69.2 and 384.3.0, I can not get connected to the internet. My ISP is Comcast, and whenever I try to establish the connection inside the router interface, I keep getting the message "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly."

I rolled back to 380.69.0 and it works again. What am I missing? I power cycled the modem and router each time, but did not do a memory clear button because I wanted to keep the settings (wireless devices assigned, etc.)

I had that problem with previous updates. Did you factory default the settings and set up from scratch? That's what fixed it for me. When in doubt always factory default and set up from scratch.

So I have basically that same problem except I can run 380.69.2, just not any 384. In the process of reverting back to 380, I had to flash the stock ASUS 380 firmware because it wouldn't let me revert using Merlin FW. Based on what someone here told me, I'm waiting for Asus to release 384 for my router (AC3200), then I'll flash that, then try Merlin 384 again. I'm going to stick with 380.69.2 until then.

Checking Asus' website, a stock 384 is available for your router (https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/). I'd try flashing the stock 384, then Merlin's. Also someone said to remove any USB drives while doing this. Can't hurt.

Did you try unplugging your modem for 10-15 min then powering on the modem then powering on the router?

Yep. More than once.

And it turns out I can't run 380.69.2, at least not for very long. It was working and I was going through screencaping the pages and it rebooted itself and went into never-never land. Finally got 380.69.0 back up.

At this point I'm starting to suspect something in the router is got too hot at some point from one of our cats deciding it was a nice warm spot, and now it's intermittent. But that wouldn't really explain why 69.0 seems stable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!