1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Latest Firmware RT-AX88U & YouTubeTV

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by DexterII, Jun 1, 2020.

1. DexterII

DexterII Occasional Visitor

It seems I’m having streaming issues with YouTubeTV with all my devices after upgrading to 9107

Netflix doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Speed tests still come out good. I’m on a gigabit plan with my ISP.

Using the stats for nerds menu all the connection speeds start off pretty good but shortly drop down to a crawl and degrades video quality significantly.

This seems to be happening on my iPad, Roku and LG TV.

Roku and LG TV are hardwired.

I thought I was onto something last night when I unplugged the Ethernet jack to the tv and restarted the app. It seemed to have worked for a while. But I’m back to crappy streaming again.

No QoS enabled. Although I tried it and it made no difference.

2. Jayce Ooi

Jayce Ooi Occasional Visitor

No issue with my Panasonic TV. Using wireless here.

L&LD likes this.
  3. mcmxmk19

mcmxmk19 New Around Here

There has been a noticeable drop in performance in my rt-ax88u since upgrading to 9107. I’ve had it for about two months when I upgraded from the router my ISP gave me. This is the first firmware update where I’ve noticed a decrease in performance. Occasionally Netflix will buffer now or when I’m playing call of duty online I’ve noticed a huge decrease in performance and I’m connected via Ethernet. It’s not terrible but it’s noticeable. For the first month and a half of owning the at-ax88u everything was great, then 9107 happens and I’m having performance issues. I’ve tried using/not using QoS, resetting to factory settings, I already turn my router and modem off when I go to bed. Nothing has worked. I’ve read Merlin is more consistent with performance after updates but I’m past tinkering with my devices. I’ve also read you can roll back to a previous version, which I might try or just hold out for a new update, it seems to happen at least every 30-45 days.

4. mcmxmk19

mcmxmk19 New Around Here

Quick update. I switched to Merlin from the stock firmware and the performance issues were gone.

L&LD likes this.