What's new

leave n66u for ac3100, ac1900p, synology 2600 ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JS_racer

Regular Contributor
hey all, kicking around an update. Currently running a n66 with the fork firmware, debating a ac upgrade. i added a nice 4k tv where there is no jack (phone, could rewire), also i started streaming from my network and kicking around a Synology 216+II for a hub. lol, all over the board of thoughts right ?? sorry. always streamed from a computer to boxes, just working on the streamline now.

anyways, thoughts between a ac3100 asus vs a ac1900p asus (BB) or the synology 2600 ?? how about a RT-AC66_B1 ?? obviously i keep my stuff if it works for a long time, lol
i could change the cat5 from phone to network, and rewire at the home run, and be done, for the new tv, streaming 4k hdr say from amazon or other places.

last question since i have your ear, any advantage with charter going from a SB6120 to a 6183 ?? current is 60 down for speed. i have been having a few t4 timeouts,
my setup works, but feeling like its old as sheet and kicking around tossing a few dollars to update it.

thank you guys so very much for the time, a greatly appreciate anything and everything.

Last edited:
Just my opinion but i would go with the 3100 for router. As far as cable modems the 6121 is a 4x4 modem and its max speed will be about 135 mbps. Also getting a new modem will not stop t3 or t4 timeouts or any other error caused by your connection. The 6183 is a great modem but at your 60 mbps limit i don't think you will notice much of a difference unless your on a congested node then you may benefit from a 16 channel 6183 modem. That will also depend if your ISP has 16 or more downstream channels to bond to.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!