What's new

Lennar townhome comes with Ruckus access point & switch

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CrystalLattice

Regular Contributor
Am in the process of purchasing townhome from Lennar. Was pleasantly surprised that it is pre-wired for lan, but they lock you into their wireless system. Cannot delete for $ credit. System includes:

INFRASTRUCTURE - WORLD’S FIRST Wi-Fi CERTIFIED HOME DESIGN
• Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlexTM R510 access point
• Heat Mapping (Engineering)
• Legrand On-Q42” RF Transparent Structured Media Enclosure
• Leviton® Surge Protective Receptacles

SMART PRODUCTS - CONTROLLED BY AMAZON ALEXA
• Ring® Video Doorbell
• Baldwin Evolved (Smart Lock)
• Amazon Echo Dot
• Honeywell Lyric RoundTM Wi-Fi Thermostat
• Ruckus ICX® 12-port Ethernet switch

SERVICE
• Amazon Experts set up and activate all connected devices in the home and offer 90-day Smart Home Support • In-Home Support

Do not have expectation that above system will work particularly well. Customer has no input. Fiber & cable companies available. Guess I could craigslist some parts & replace with SNB tested parts to optimize system. Please feel free to comment or advise. Thanks!

http://theopendoor.lennar.com/insid...nar-homes-with-wired-and-wireless-networking/

Last edited:
FWIW - the Ruckus ZoneFlex is a very good AP, I see a lot of them in the hospitality space, and they perform very well...

Quick question - I'm assuming the building management is providing your connectivity on the WAN side?

FWIW - the Ruckus ZoneFlex is a very good AP, I see a lot of them in the hospitality space, and they perform very well...

Quick question - I'm assuming the building management is providing your connectivity on the WAN side?
Close. I provide connectivity by choosing an ISP. All i'm told is fiber or cable is available. if it's att fiber it comes with combo ont/router that supposedly doesnt work well, if comcast cable then standard docsis 3 cable modem with comcast or my router. Ruckus is not tested by SNB, so looking forward to testing, but i doubt it can beat a R7800, as a guess. What do you think?

Last edited:
rbb SMART HOME 0112.jpg
Found pics of heat map:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!