Let’s Encrypt issue on 384.19

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Iwakan

Regular Contributor
Hi.

My Ac68u has been working with 384.19 without issues and very stable. Today, after a reboot, the browser showed me a certificate error (not possible because I’m using lets encrypt that was renewed two weeks ago) because the router UI now is using the default certificate.

Everithing is configured fine and the .le folder in /jffs is present with all files and certificates as usual. The only thing is that in WAN -> DDNS the status of the certificate is “Authorizing”. Seems a bug.

Rafael Viana

Occasional Visitor
Hi.

My Ac68u has been working with 384.19 without issues and very stable. Today, after a reboot, the browser showed me a certificate error (not possible because I’m using lets encrypt that was renewed two weeks ago) because the router UI now is using the default certificate.

Everithing is configured fine and the .le folder in /jffs is present with all files and certificates as usual. The only thing is that in WAN -> DDNS the status of the certificate is “Authorizing”. Seems a bug.

Yes, here it is like that too! follow my solution!

Iwakan

Regular Contributor
Thank you Rafael.
So it’s confirmed it’s a bug and I’m not the only one. The problem with your workaround is that we lose the auto renewing capability.

Rafael Viana

Occasional Visitor
Thank you Rafael.
So it’s confirmed it’s a bug and I’m not the only one. The problem with your workaround is that we lose the auto renewing capability.

Yes, !

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

Iwakan

Regular Contributor
@RMerlin LE code is open Or closed source? Do you think the fix could be implemented in the next release? Seems that Asus is aware of the bug and working in a quick fix.

Thank you.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
@Iwakan I'm sure RMerlin knew before we did. See the posts above yours. Everyone here knows too. :)

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
@RMerlin LE code is open Or closed source? Do you think the fix could be implemented in the next release? Seems that Asus is aware of the bug and working in a quick fix.

Thank you.

The fix will be included in the next code drop I get from Asus.