What's new

lg tvs are slow to connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

128bit

Regular Contributor
since switching to the ac86u from linksys wrt1900ac/3200acm, there are instances when the auto-connect feature is very slow or non-existent. with the wrts, it was most often instantaneous!

i've tried dhcp and static/assigned ip but both methods exhibit similar behavior. the workaround is rather simple - i just go to the network page of the affected tv and this seems to force the tv to search for available networks. after a few seconds, it locates the ssids and connects to the default without any additional action on my part.

perhaps, it's the tv but this behavior was not present with 2 different wrt routers. if anyone has an idea on how i could troubleshoot this error, it would be appreciated.

I don't have that model of router but if it has Smart Connect I'd try disabling that temporarily to see if the problem goes away.

i have not that problems with lg tvs and 86u

I don't have that model of router but if it has Smart Connect I'd try disabling that temporarily to see if the problem goes away.
so yes, the 86u has smart connect but is it enabled automatically? i ask cause i never configured it.

i have not that problems with lg tvs and 86u
much appreciated now i have to go back to scratching my head. i have the last of 2 discontinued models - the oldest has webos 2.21-1344. it's the most problematic.

. . . thanks for your response.

much appreciated now i have to go back to scratching my head. i have the last of 2 discontinued models - the oldest has webos 2.21-1344. it's the most problematic.

. . . thanks for your response.
my tvs has webos 3.50 (3.70.70) and work ok with both band 2.4 and 5GHz, but i think that can be hw problems.
First try disable smart connect if use, if this not help, make factory default and test with simplest configuration.

this may sound pretty lame, so bare with me. i run stock code and have not knowingly enabled smart connect. after reading your comments, i've again looked at that page from the "network tools" index.
how can i tell if it's enabled?

in wifi tab smart connect switch
sc.png

in wifi tab smart connect switch
View attachment 13668
i'm so dumb. ok, smart connect was never on. whew! i'm thinking it may be more of a webOS v2 issue, since my webOS v3 set is more reliable.

just updated to the latest release. perhaps, i'll save my config and perform a factory reset. haven't done that for a few upgrades now.

many thanks