What's new

libftdi, usbserial

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

erwiki

Occasional Visitor
Hello everyone. Firstly apologies if this is not the right place for this question. If any moderator thinks it's best to delete or move it to.

I have asus router rt-ac68u with firmware asuswrt-merlin. I've tried all builds download site.

The problem I have is that I do not work certain external libraries. Installed in Optware (USB memory). Some other if they work.

So I need a build that includes manufacturing (at compilation) libusb-1.0 (that already have official) usbserial and libftdi. And that does not include the modules for the detection of 3g modems. Since this conflicts with my card reader usb phoenix.

Someone can compile for me. Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:
Everything you need is in the current fw. You have to include this into init-start script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
modprobe -r option
modprobe ftdi_sio

Everything you need is in the current fw. You have to include this into init-start script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
modprobe -r option
modprobe ftdi_sio

could you be more explicit please?
I have that file to include these lines?

I already scrips that go into / jffs / scripts / but not that structure names, etc. must have
thank you

Last edited:
thanks for the help
you excuse my bad English because I am Spanish

I now understand a little scripts and their performance

I'm sorry to say that the init-start script does not work me

However if I put the command in post-mount if it works

An example

post-mount permits 755 and within
#/bin/sh
mkdir/tmp/media

and on reboot the media folder created in / tmp

Why can this happen?
I have installed on a pendrive opt

finally this is what I get if I write the commands in telnel

RT @ admin-F4D0-AC68U :/ tmp / home / root # modprobe-r option
modprobe: can not unload module option: Resource temporarily unavailable
RT @ admin-F4D0-AC68U :/ tmp / home / root # modprobe ftdi_sio
modprobe: module not found in modules.dep ftdi_sio
RT @ admin-F4D0-AC68U :/ tmp / home / root #

thank you very much to all for the help
soluicon was definitely find a FW with drivers and support ftdi_sio.ko usbserial.ko in the path / lib/modules/2.6.36.4brcmarm/kernel/drivers/usb. since installing Optware not detected with external libraries.
I found this version brings support thanks to vt1431

RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.39_0

Now the question/request will be:
would be possible to include support for these drivers in the next official FW asuswrt.merlin compilations?

thank you very much. see you soon

It is possible to build your own build with custom kernel settings (as I do) or you can use loadable module for that, but then you need to save this file into jffs data folder (not tmp folder, it's in ram and therefore it's cleared after restart) and load it from there by some initial script. You need ftdi_sio.ko file, usbserial and option is part of the fw.

the path of these drivers is /lib/modules/2.6.36.4brcmarm/kernel/drivers/usb.
I have not tried to put the ftdi_sio.ko file in / jffs, I guess it would not work when loaded with insmod ftdi_sio

You need ftdi_sio.ko file, usbserial and option is part of the fw.

I know it's part of Fw. what I want is who are included in the latest FW available. Since I only found the RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.39_0 with dirvers on this path. but it is very unstable

Excuse my English is too basic, my native language is Spanish

Thank you

Custom kernel settings

Guys, want to ask your help. I managed to build custom firmware for my AC68U, everything is ok, but I stuck with ftdi_sio module. Where should I enable it? I tried to do so in kernel options (make menuconfig in linux-2.6.36 folder), but it doesn't work. Seems like I should declare CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_FTDI_SIO=m somewhere, but there are a lot of configs for different architectures. I never had experience with building fw with custom kernel settings.
Could you please point me to the right direction and suggest correct way of how to configure it. Thanks.

Last edited:
I did it. Not sure if it is right way, but I modified next file (change appropriate line to CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_FTDI_SIO=m):

asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/linux/linux-2.6.36/config_base.6a

Seems like it is not enough to compile and load ftdi_sio.ko now as busybox did not include stty by default. So another file to change (change appropriate line to CONFIG_STTY=y):

asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/busybox/config_base

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!