1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

libiptc and libxtables

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by aleph0x0, Jun 23, 2018.

1. aleph0x0

aleph0x0 New Around Here

Hello all, I am trying to develop a remote firewall server that will run on my ac3200. Currently, I am running iptables commands by hand. I would like to use python-iptables rather than my hand-rolled command parsing. However, python-iptables depends on libiptc which does not seem to available on my device.

The purpose of this is to have various fail2ban installations update the firewall on my router. If there are other solutions, please do let me know. I have seen Skynet but that code is a ginormous shell-script and I'd rather have a proper component with RPC.

On a related note, I see that my python based component uses a significant amount of RAM. 17% of VSZ according to top. Is this expected? The usage is so high that pip installs fail while my component is running.

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

Python makes the most of the memory available....

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!