What's new

Linksys CES 2017 Announcements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
linksys_wrt32x.jpg
Linksys announced two routers, cable modem and MU-MIMO adapter at CES 2017.

Read on SmallNetBuilder

Seriously? It's the same basic WRT design in black.

Are you really that susceptible to marketing tricks like this vs. actual performance?

Skin job and some firmware changes...

Sure would be nice if Linksys were to back port some of the firmware changes back to the older WRT's...

Seriously? It's the same basic WRT design in black.

Are you really that susceptible to marketing tricks like this vs. actual performance?

Tim, please remember. Not all of us are as clear minded as you are.

Last edited:
"The integrated "Killer Prioritization Engine" automatically detects Killer-enabled systems, which include Alienware, MSI, Razer, Gigabyte PC and Xbox. It syncs each system's Killer Network Manager to the WRT32X's Killer engine. This allows the WRT32X to automatically prioritize game traffic and video streams over downloads and other non time-sensitive traffic." - Isn't that QoS, the same QoS you can get on most $70 (or under) routers? I don't play twitch shooter online games but isn't ping/latency more important to online gaming?

Out of curiosity has anyone ever done/read a fair study to see if QoS benefits the average person/family? If I'm playing warcraft on my PC, my daughter is watching sesame street on amazon video, and my wife is is surfing facebook on her phone, is turning on (or turning it off) QoS really going to benefit us?

Think its the same BS as with the "NIP" NG R7800 vs NG R7800 it was the same WF/SW in these routers.

I have over 40 devices connected with 5 consoles gaming and 4K streaming going on at the same time. No QOS enabled and no gimmick gaming features either and no one has lag issues.

I have over 40 devices connected with 5 consoles gaming and 4K streaming going on at the same time. No QOS enabled and no gimmick gaming features either and no one has lag issues.

Linksys WRT's are odd - for some, they're pretty good...

Yeah no kidding! I have 15 devices connected and did 3 simultaneous 4k Netflix streams and 2 regular Netflix streams while downloading torrents and nothing got bogged down.
QoS is a neat idea but I haven't seen it work in reality. Maybe it does for gamers but not for regular streaming and surfing it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!