What's new

Linksys EA6350 v3 radio chip

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GromitD90

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I'm new to this forum after having been a silent browser for a few months. I have a quick question on the Linksys EA6350 v3 router - does anyone know which radio chip it uses on the 5GHz radio?

I'm curious to know because it is listed on the WiFi Alliance Interoperability testing as supporting RTS with bandwidth signaling whereas none of the other Linksys routers that have been tested by the WiFi Alliance recently have this feature listed.

I'm also curious to know which "body" is/was responsible for defining 802.11ac Wave 1 Vs Wave 2 features. I'm looking for a definitive list of Mandatory and optional features for both Wave 1 and Wave 2. I see lots of references to Wave 1 and Wave 2 but none have provided these lists.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Hi

I'm new to this forum after having been a silent browser for a few months. I have a quick question on the Linksys EA6350 v3 router - does anyone know which radio chip it uses on the 5GHz radio?

I'm curious to know because it is listed on the WiFi Alliance Interoperability testing as supporting RTS with bandwidth signaling whereas none of the other Linksys routers that have been tested by the WiFi Alliance recently have this feature listed.

I'm also curious to know which "body" is/was responsible for defining 802.11ac Wave 1 Vs Wave 2 features. I'm looking for a definitive list of Mandatory and optional features for both Wave 1 and Wave 2. I see lots of references to Wave 1 and Wave 2 but none have provided these lists.

Thanks in advance
Mike
See for yourself. Qualcomm IPQ4018 SoC
https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=3105466

"Wave2" is more a marketing term; it has no standards body definition.

Hello,

I am from Hong Kong and there is a shop claiming that EA6350 v3 supports MU-MIMO. However I don't see the relevant information on Linksys website. Does anyone have a clue on this one?

Thanks!

I mean MU-MIMO doesn't really make sense on anything less than a 4x4 unit especially since this is a 2x2 device as most incoming client devices with MU-MIMO support are 2x2.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!