What's new

Linksys EA6900 power supply suddenly not enough

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dolphinus

Occasional Visitor
I have had this router for about 2 years now, it was working well, and all of a sudden it's wireless signal disappeared, it was in a reboot loop, thought it needed a reset or something, so I did it with no results, thought it was the power supply (12V 2A) tried another working ea6900 (a file server with attached hard drive) power supply with the same results, reboot loop, then I tried with a netgear R8000 power supply and worked, bought a 12V 3A power supply (it ways its for LED illumination) but get the same reboot loop.

What else can I do? Any help will be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Does the new power supply work on the router of the PS that worked? If so, trade them.

If not, time for a new router.

What firmware this router was running?
It was running freshtomato, now my Netgear r8000 is on a boot loop, so I used it's power supply (12v 5A) and my linksys ea6900 is working! I don´t know why it needed more amps, now I will try to get another power supply for my R8000 :')

Perhaps the power supply is failing. The router needing more amps is unlikely.

It may just be a better quality power supply, rather than just out a power supply with more amperage capabilities.