What's new

Linksys EA9500 and Roku Private Listening/Remote

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tahvi1

New Around Here
I have a Linksys EA9500 and often use the private listening feature of my Roku stick. But the audio was getting dropped about once an hour or so requiring the private listening to be turned off and on again. It's not really a big deal, but in addition to that, the remote would occasionally unpair from the stick and it was always a headache to get it paired again (multiple reboots + pressing the pairing button + fingers crossed). I then began to wonder if my router's tri-band "smart" balancing system (two channels, one ssid) might be at fault - perhaps if the Roku and the remote get put on different 5 GHz channels they won't communicate. So I turned off the second 5 GHz channel and have had no problems at all with the remote or private listening.

So my question is this: Was I correct about having the two 5 GHz channels in general, or is there a problem with the EA9500 router's implementation? In other words, if I were to someday get a different tri-band (or some kind of multi-band) router, would I experience the same problems and have to turn off the feature?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!