1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Linksys RE9000 - MediaTek-Based Tri-Band Range Extender

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Internet Man, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

FCC filings for the Linksys RE9000 MAX-STREAM Tri-Band AC3000 Wi-Fi Range Extender were posted yesterday. Here's a hardware breakdown on WikiDevi: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_RE9000

This is the first tri-band device using MediaTek radios that I've seen. Its specs should match the AC3000 Netgear EX8000, four-stream backhaul and all, presumably at a much lower cost.

RE9000_QSG.png

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Menne.0201 likes this.
  2. Trikein

Trikein Guest

Looks like it's still using the broken...I mean "Smart Wifi" UI. I assume MediaTek means no 3rd party support?

3. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

Here is the board photo:
    linksys_re9000_board.jpg
    The white filters at photo top are a giveaway that it's a tri-radio design.

Information on the MT7615N vs. NT7615DN is hard to come by. But the four RF connectors clustered next to the NT7615N are a pretty good indication of a 4x4 radio.

Using Mediatek vs. Qualcomm should give Linksys more margin to play with if they want to go after NETGEAR's EX8000.