What's new

Linksys router issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SpaceballOne

New Around Here
First, my setup - I have an older Linksys EA4500 that serves as the router for my home. In the lower level of my house, the WiFi signal is a bit weak, so i have a E2500 set up as a 2nd access point (with it's own unique SSID) for devices downstairs. I also have a couple of other small switches set up behind my TV's for video games, streaming devices and whatnot. All of the routers & switches are of course connected with Cat5 and I have all of my hardwired devices set up with reserved IP addresses.

I've been having issues where the primary router completely drops out (hardwired and WiFi) at random times for no particular reason. This happens about once per day, and at no particular time of the day or night. I've analyzed my WiFi signals and adjusted channels (not sure how that would help on the hardwired side, but i tried anyway). The logging built into the router doesn't do much to help with troubleshooting, so i'm kind of lost as to what to try next.

First reaction would be to buy something newer to replace the EA4500, but i don't want to spend the money if the problem lies in my setup somehow.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Is there a guide on properly setting up a network with multiple access points?

Double check that you don't have NAT enabled on the secondary...

Older consumer gear - the weak part is actually the power adapter itself, and this is something that is easy and cheap to replace first...

Double check that you don't have NAT enabled on the secondary...

Older consumer gear - the weak part is actually the power adapter itself, and this is something that is easy and cheap to replace first...
NAT was enabled on the 2nd router & I disabled it. No issues today, and oddly, things seem faster all around. we'll see how things go over the next few days