What's new

Linksys RVL200 Review: No Hassle SOHO / SMB VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

U

Unregistered

[Article Link]
Hi,

read your review of the Linksys RVL 200 with SSL VPN, and it is exactly what I am looking for. However, how would you add a wi fi router behind the RVL 200 so that we would have wireless on the same LAN? I am particularly looking at the WRT350N with the storage link. How would I configure the two together?

Thanks much

RVL200 vs RVS4000 - is this another Linksys Fraud?

I don't know how this compares to the RVS4000. It seems DDNS certainly makes this a SOHO VPN router - the RVS4000 is a complete fraud - you basically have to have a static IP address at the Gateway for it to work and your statement that it uses IPSEC "to ease the pain" of client Gateway connections is an overstatement. Everything with the RVS4000 is painful and limited and Linksys customer support is useless - I replaced an RV042 which failed after 14 months of use (apparently a typical malaise of this unrelianle model) and after struggling for days with the RVS4000, Linksys guy told me to buy another RV042 and get rid of the 4000! Is this model truly a SOHO VPN solution or is it another fraud like the 4000? How would you set up an iPhone VPN connection to this device for example?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!