What's new

Linksys Velop AC2300 Triband Router - no tweaking options ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cohen87

Occasional Visitor
Dear Colleagues,
I started another thread in the ‘wireless buying advice’ forum where 2 Asus routers were dropping connections.
So I have decided to reconnect my internet providers router only ( a Linksys AC2300 Triband Router ). The ASUs routers had a configuration page for ‘RTS Threshold, Fragmentation threshold and beacon interval’ to speed up the wire-less ( YouTube loading faster and web pages appearing quicker in general ).
I’ve logged in to the routers configuration page and looked under advanced settings - no options to configure the above?. Only MTU settings.
I’ve looked on Linksys homepage and the manual and there are no such options - which is disappointing.
Shall I shelve this router and get another with these options?.

YouTube loading faster and web pages appearing quicker in general

Unlikely. Most home users don't need to change any of the settings above. Most Plug-and-Play style home routers don't have such settings.

@cohen87, what setting were the defaults and what did you change them to? Also, what ISP speeds/latency do you have?

Yes, cheap plug and play devices don't have selectable options.

The ASUs routers had a configuration page for ‘RTS Threshold, Fragmentation threshold and beacon interval’ to speed up the wire-less
No need to change these settings, just change the wifi channel if you have issues.

I left the router to default settings. It’s just that the Asus Routers (N66U), had these settings, so I’m surprised that an AC router does not have them.