What's new

Linksys WRT1900ac/1200ac - revert to stock from DDWRT

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Just in case someone wants to revert back to stock after exploring DDWRT on the Marvell WRT's...

Kong has created a firmware that will allow folks to revert back to Linksys factory firmware if one has accidentally flashed both banks with 3rd party FW...

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/

WRT1900ac V1/V2, ACS v1, and WRT1200ac are supported, and it's model specific - to install, use the admin panel in DDWRT, load the appropriate FW, and once it is done, it'll reset, and you'll be in Linksys FW after things come up.

Afterwords, you can obtain the most recent Linksys builds direct from their support site.

Once updated, do a hard reset and one should be back in business..

Just in case someone wants to revert back to stock after exploring DDWRT on the Marvell WRT's...

Kong has created a firmware that will allow folks to revert back to Linksys factory firmware if one has accidentally flashed both banks with 3rd party FW...

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/LinksysFW/

WRT1900ac V1/V2, ACS v1, and WRT1200ac are supported, and it's model specific - to install, use the admin panel in DDWRT, load the appropriate FW, and once it is done, it'll reset, and you'll be in Linksys FW after things come up.

Afterwords, you can obtain the most recent Linksys builds direct from their support site.

Once updated, do a hard reset and one should be back in business..

Thanks for sharing this, it's very much appreciated! It would appear that the file has been taken offline. Would you mind sharing the file? Or feel free to PM me. Cheers

Thanks for sharing this, it's very much appreciated! It would appear that the file has been taken offline. Would you mind sharing the file? Or feel free to PM me. Cheers

It may have been relocated perhaps...

Kong is active over on the DDWRT forums - I'd reach out to him - out of respect for his efforts, I'm not comfortable with hosting/sharing the file if he has pulled it from distribution.

No worries, I should be ok for now. I had an issue that whenever there was high traffic (i.e. a 5+ MB/s or a LAN to LAN file transfer), the router would reboot itself. I went through different firmware versions and was obviously getting frustrated and started to think it was my router that was actually broken. I wanted to try the stock firmware to see if that helped. Since i wasn't able to go back to stock, I went all the way back to a dd-wrt Beta version (Kong) from January and that resolved my issue. So somewhere after January there is a bug that creeped into the firmware that causes the router to crash/reboot.