What's new

Linksys WRT1900AC v1 to WRT1900ACS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FattysGoneWild

Regular Contributor
You guys think it is worth the upgrade? Specifically for the better hardware inside the ACS? Faster cpu, more ram and runs cooler? I could sell my WRT1900AC v1 to recoup some of the upgrade money if its worth it?

They perform about the same - so unless the V1 is giving you trouble, there are better ways to spend a couple of bucks...

No issues here. I just thought upgrading to the faster cpu and ram might make a difference. I have read about people that done the upgrade and noticed a difference. Placebo effect in place? Also knowing Linksys. My gut tells me a newer WRT model will be out later this year or rather soon.

No issues here. I just thought upgrading to the faster cpu and ram might make a difference. I have read about people that done the upgrade and noticed a difference. Placebo effect in place?

Most likely placebo...

The CPU in the V1 is a custom Marvell solution, which is a great performer - V2/ACS, Marvell moved to an off the shelf ARMV7 Cortex-A9, which higher clocked, performs about the same - clocks be damned... (there's upstream issues with Marvell and some patent lawsuits, which might be why Marvell shifted the CPU)

V1 - original
V2 - Move to ARM Cortex-A9, 2x memory - cost reduction - WRT1200ac plus two more radios
ACS - speed up V2 clocks, bump 5GHz Tx levels for UNII-1/2

They all perform about the same for most...

Personally, not happy to see that Linksys doesn't fix some outstanding bugs (for the 10 percent of us that care), but generally, they all pretty much the same...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!