What's new

Linksys WRT600N dropping connection to the internet -- Help?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mpoliver

New Around Here
Lately, my Linksys WRT600N v.1. has been losing its connection to my ISP, usually after our computers have remained idle for a few hours or have powered down. Unplugging it and plugging it back in usually re-connects it to my ISP. Since my WRT600N is the router connected to my incoming line from the ISP, I'm not sure if this is a problem with the ISP or with my router. This frustrating, to say the least.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and does anyone know of a fix if it is the router? I've been considering using a 3rd party firmware like DD-WRT, but have held off because I'm hesitant to screw around to that degree with my primary router.

Thanks,

Mike

Lately, my Linksys WRT600N v.1. has been losing its connection to my ISP, usually after our computers have remained idle for a few hours or have powered down. Unplugging it and plugging it back in usually re-connects it to my ISP. Since my WRT600N is the router connected to my incoming line from the ISP, I'm not sure if this is a problem with the ISP or with my router. This frustrating, to say the least.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and does anyone know of a fix if it is the router? I've been considering using a 3rd party firmware like DD-WRT, but have held off because I'm hesitant to screw around to that degree with my primary router.

Thanks,

Mike

DD-WRT works great for the router, client bridge or access point that is not giving you issues prior. A buddy has the same problem you're experiencing with the Linksys, he's going back to the Netgear top of the line N with gig which also gave him issues like DOA. Netgear did fixed the problem so it should work now.

DD-WRT setup is not ideal but conditions have to right on the dime once that is done re-flashing the firmware and getting better results will pay off at the end.

That router you have if re-flashing the firmware and then press on the re-set and hold it in for 30 seconds doesn't help then the options you have is:

1. return it
2. exchange it
3. have it repaired by linksys